Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adobe Photoshop and Birds

Last night I was out at Mc Menamins Edgefield and came upon this beautiful Cedar Waxwing, it must have been no farther away than six feet. I was so excited and had my new camera in hand. The bird was collecting a small dry piece of twig I think for a nest, I watched as it flew into a dense tree.

Today I played with Adobe Photoshop 6.0, it is under $100 and not hard to use. With that said you do have to mess around and play for a bit to find all the tricks it can do. I’m still learning and having fun with it, as you can see I changed the colors drew funky flowers into the background and made the little pink berry's, I added a star to the eye and did a watercolor effect This image will be made into cards.
If you click on this picture you can really see the detail of photoshop.

3 comments:

Jan Harris Smith said...

Hi Tory - It was great to see you today - The Cedar Waxwing is amazing and thank you so much for the prints. I would love to get together with you and your camera for a little birdwatching sometime!! That Canon is amazing!

Suzie Wolfer LCSW said...

Love cedar wax wings and have never gotten a good photo. GOod for you. Love hte photo shop rendering too. You've become quite a techie Tory .. . . Techie Tory, hum-m-m-m that has a certain ring to it! The close up is even more delicious.

Anonymous said...

As always I am really liking the new DIRECTIONS you are taking... Always creative and unique! The card ideas using birds and photoshop are wonderful! Lenall