Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Art Date

I have a young artist staying with me for a week he is an excellent story teller and illustrator. His main focus is currently with the sea and most any sea creature, monsters, whales and merpeople. This Memorial weekend we are going to the Oregon Coast Aquarium where I’m sure he will gain inspiration for many more stories and paintings.
I some times forget how freeing it is to see a child's drawing. The eyes are my favorite in this piece.


The mermaid and man are meant to be puppets so they are colored on the back with as much detail as the front. I think I will help him laminate them as they will be used in many up coming stories.

1 comment:

Curious Works said...

I love the attention to detail! The scales, the crown, the belly button..he's quite the artist. Hope you guy's had fun this weekend..

Vay