Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Weekend Art Date

The best kind of art dates are when they last for three days. My art group Portland Art Collective has just returned from our spring retreat at Menucha Retreat and Conference Center. We all know how good it feels when we are with a kindred spirit now imagine it with 14 all in one room creating and laughing.

I spent most of my time this weekend listening and laughing. And that is an understatement we all laughed so much we held our cheeks and gasp for air. I'm happy to say silly prevailed.

I worked on a paper cut based on the sculpture "Going to Town with an Umbrella. Click here to see the sculpture. Each time I do one of these I learn something new in this case just how relaxing it is for me to cut on a predetermined line being able to listen to every little thing around me.


The Grosbeaks moved into the garden while I was away. This is an Evening Grosbeak, they are about the size of a Robin with a parrot like beak and lovely color brighter than in this photo.

No comments: