Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Art in Oregon

One of my all time favorite places to go is Mossy Creek Pottery on the Oregon coast. I try to stop in with every trip to the beach, I buy a bowl or like last time I bought this wonderful raven. It is meant to sit on a 4x4 post, there is a hole in the clay on the back side so it can be secured safe and sound.This piece was made by Jay Stewart, I fell in love with all of his birds as soon as I saw them.

They have “over 40 of the finest potters from the Northwest working in porcelain, stoneware and raku. There is a wide array of both functional and decorative pieces, including, dinnerware, serving pieces, lamps, platters and vases.”
The owners Susan and Dan not only create art with clay and glass they have created a coastal garden hidden under a canopy of trees decorated with bits of their colorful pieces very much worth the stop to look at.






No comments: