Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beyond Iconograph


Today I drove to The Dalles to help hang the Beyond Iconography show. We arrived at 10:00 am and I met for the first time the two other artists Natalie Hassel and Jerry Fenter. I also met the executive director Carmen Toll and her wonderful group of volunteers that included my own Aunt Talie. It is always so nice to meet (as my friends call it) people from my own tribe. People who understand what I do and why I do it. The communication comes easy and I find myself relaxed and wanting to stay with them and learn more about them. But we better get to work and get on with the day.
The show card
As you enter the feature show area. 
Aunt Talie sets to work on title cards.
Natalie and her husband decide how to hang her art.
Jerry I’m sorry I didn’t get a good picture.
Carmen is multi tasking.
The volunteers decide what looks best where.
Some of Natalie’s icons in the background
My Santos
 
 Jerry’s art is on the walls.


I took these shots with my new Android phone with a fun photo app.


If you drive up the gorge you will get more than an art show you will get views that are some of the best in the country.
And finally if you would like to learn how to make your own Santos I will be teaching a class at the The Dalles Art Center on June 11th. Call the art center and reserve your spot 541-296-4759. 
There is some more information on The Portland Art Collective blog about some icon presentations and lectures you may like.

3 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

Looks like a great show--I like that grouping together of the three very different artists with a similar theme.

Dayna Collins said...

Great to see the show set-up! Looks like a great show.

Renee Troy said...

Congratulations on your show. I adore your Santos'. I am truly hoping to do your class at Artful Journey next year. Looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful show!