Saturday, October 8, 2011

I DO NOT LIKE TAN

So I started to paint.
 Norm and I have been remodeling our house for two years. Well not exactly remodeling the entire time, more like we tore the house apart and then were over whelmed and have been dragging our feet for two years. My bathroom is one of the only spots to survive demolition and a place I could paint and decorate a bit. It is so nice to go in a room that has all it’s parts.
 Below is the same corner with it's new coat of paint on.
The turquoise heart is by Stephanie Brockway and the mixed media Madonna by Suzanne Reynolds.
I started collecting religious art and items a few years ago and they seem to fit in this little room very nicely. Over the tub hangs a vintage bird cage with a chalk Madonna and above a string of prayer flags.
 When I use the hair dryer I can see the prayer flags moving in the mirror. I can pretend I'm looking out a Tibetan window in the Himalayans. Hey I'm an artist with a good imagination.
 There is a candle in the cage I lite at night. The shadows cover the entire room, wonderful.
 I found this dish in Mexico the colors are perfect.
 A little reading.
This frame has a foam core backing covered by fabric. I use push pins to hang all my necklaces on. And the mannequin arm can hold rings and a few bracelets.
I think I need to run a tub of warm water and lite a few candles...ummmm I'm loving this room.
Soon in a few weeks the entire house will have new floors put down...joy of joys!!!

4 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

Love this little private corner of Mexico.

stephanie brockway said...

I love the shrine, thanks for including the heart on the wall...but is it the faith side? or "not so much"! thanks so much for the kind words on my blog, it means so much.
See you soon!
steph

Dayna Collins said...

Tory, your bathroom vision has come to life beautifully! I love the color of the walls and the pops of color the saints and religious artifacts add. Stunning! And fun.

A. Talie said...

Looking good! Love the color, too.